Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Halloween

Spring is creeping up on us here (with summer not far behind) and if you are anything like me than you understand my dread at the inevitable sweltering, sunshine-filled days that are about to overtake us. It has already reached the 80s here in SoCal (yuck), so to take my mind off of the impending doom of spring and summer I like to peruse like-minded Halloween blogs. If anything can make me happy during the doldrums of spring and summer it is looking forward to autumn and Halloween season!

The following are my top 3 Halloween blogs that I turn to time and time again for comforting creepiness, whether it be in the middle of summer or smack-dab in the midst of Halloween season! 


PumpkinRot - This year-round Halloween blog will surely get you in the Halloween spirit. You can browse PumpkinRot's amazing prop work, or just scroll through his posts, which include all things Halloween, plus spooky music recommendations. His blog will transport you to Halloween!


My Ghoul Friday - It doesn't look like this site is active much anymore, but it has a wealth of information on Halloween and Halloween parties (including an indispensable list of party themes)! And you can still swoon over the sculpted creatures made by Ghoul Friday herself!


Frog on the Pumpkin - Haunter extraordinaire Chris aka the Frog Queen shares her love of all things Halloween as well as updates on her prop building and home haunt (which is seriously impressive, see photo above!) during the autumn season. The blog goes a little quiet the rest of the year, but when she does post something it always puts a jack-o-lantern grin on my face!





1 comment: